- The fundamental constants and equations of physics are fine tuned for life to many decimal places.
- The dynamics of the expansion allows for a narrow window of opportunity in time and space for life to evolve - we are in it.
- Earth has very rare (probably unique) properties and conditions which allow life and civilisation to evolve.
- The Big Bang expansion was slightly uneven * and this allowed stars to form from the resulting clumps of matter. Had there been no such clumps there would be no stars, no planets, no life and no questions.
- The Big Bang gave rise to a large excess of matter over anti-matter*, again allowing stars to form (otherwise the matter would be annihilated by the anti-matter).
- The stars were formed and behaved in a way which synthesised all 92 chemical elements, including elements of crucial importance to advanced life - such as oxygen and carbon-12 (there are many more). In a sense it has taken the cosmic engineering of trillions of stars to make one human being alive today. see The deep mystery of existence.7. Ten trillion stars to make you
- The placing of the Earth at a rare galactic vantage point such that beings on it would be able to deduce that the universe had a beginning from outside of time and space. More locally, this also requires skies which are clear in places where humans are present and this has been the case on this planet, especially in the places where civilisation originated (e.g. Babylon). The apparently equal sizes of the sun and moon in the sky conspire to give us eclipses almost certainly different from those on any other planet in the universe and stimulating human curiosity.
*the reason for this is currently one of the mysteries of cosmology
All the above is a scientific mystery and implies a benevolent conspiracy of laws and events to create human beings which although not physically the centre of the universe may nevertheless be its centre of consciousness. Maybe it’s akin to the brain being the centre of a person’s consciousness while not being the physical centre.
Genesis 1:1 John 1:1
Our perception of reality, ancient and modern
Links to all parts of
Deep mystery of existence